The EMFL Prize 2018 went to Dr. Artem Mishchenko ESPRC Research Fellow in the Condensed Matter Physics Group of the University of Manchester(UK). He was awarded for his groundbreaking discoveries at EMFL. By using advanced magneto-transport and magneto-capacitance techniques he demonstrated how high magnetic fields can be beneficial for uncovering and manipulating spectacular physical phenomena in 2D materials.
Since 2009, the EMFL Prize (2009 - 2012: EuroMagNET Prize) has been awarded annually for outstanding achievements in science in high magnetic fields. The next awarding ceremony will take place during the EMFL User Meeting 2019.
Previous Awardees of the EMFL Prize:
- 2017: Sven Badoux from the Physics department at the Université de Sherbrooke (CA).
- 2016: Alix McCollam from the High Field Magnet Laboratory (HFML) at the Radboud University (RU) in Nijmegen (NL).
- 2015: Carsten Putzke from the school of Physics at the University of Bristol (GB).
- 2014: Milan Orlita from the Laboratoire National des Champs Megnétiques Intenses (LNCMI) at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) Grenoble
- 2013: Benoît Fauqué from the Laboratoire de Physique et d’Étude des Matériaux (LPEM) at the Ecole Supérieur de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles (ESPCI).
Here you can find the EuroMagNET Prize awardees of the years 2009 - 2012.