European Magnetic Field Laboratory
The founding members of the EMFL-AISBL are
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR)
- Radboud University and Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter (RU/FOM)
CNRS, HZDR and RU/FOM are the stakeholders of the four major European high magnetic field laboratories located in Dresden, Grenoble, Nijmegen and Toulouse.
Since December 2015, the University of Nottingham has become member of EMFL representing the high field community in the UK, via the mid-range facility grant of the EPSRC.
The Council is the highest governing body of EMFL and consists of the EMFL Member representatives. The council does:
- appoint and dismiss the Directors and approve the candidacy of the executive manager,
- admit and dismiss EMFL Members,
- approve the progress report, annual accounts and the budget presented by the Board of Directors,
- amend the Statutes and approve the vision, mission and definition of values of the Association,
- discuss and develop strategic, scientific and technical plans of the EMFL.
The Council exists of:
- Roland Sauerbrey (HZDR, chair)
- Gerard Meijer (RU/FOM)
- Amina Taleb-Ibrahimi (CNRS)
- Amalia Patanè (University of Nottingham)